our history

From the NZ Forest Service, to now!

Brand Mechanical occupies the very building that was built for the New Zealand Forest Service in the 1950's

In 1988 Malcolm Mead took over the Property and ran it as Mead Engineering

In 2010 Tony & Kerin bought Mead Engineering off Malcolm and ran the business under this name for 4 years until they changed the name to Brand Mechanical in April 2014. 

 We love the history of the place and always look forward to hearing from people who used to work here or have stories about the Forest Service days. We have several customers who have worked in the building over the years, whether in the Forest Service or for Mead Engineering who pop in regularly and share stories of different times and notice the changes that have taken place.